Overlord Vol 13 Afterword








Thank you for your hard work, dear readers who have made it all the way here. The hand you held the book with must be feeling heavy, no?
I’m sure you must all have felt the fear of dropping a book on your face when reading while lying down.
Volume 13 is the first Overlord book in history with a pagecount well in excess of 500. What did you think of the contents? I would be happy if even a small portion of the readers felt it was interesting.
However, in truth, it might have been better to split it up into a second and third part instead. Reading the whole thing from start to finish really taxes the brains. Reading chapters 4, 5 and then the intermission before going to sleep might be a better pace. How did you read it, everyone? Ah, a major advantage of dividing it into two books would be the opportunity to enjoy more of so bin-san’s lovely illustrations!
Still, this won’t happen again, so there’s no point thinking about it.


While I kept saying I want to cut the page count, the length of this book ended up being really rough. As page count increases, all the associated work takes more time too, and the schedule keeps slipping. The probability of wrong words also increases, so it seems like there are pretty much no upsides to it.
Next time, I’d like to write a book that’s easier on both the author and the audience.


Now then, while I did say the next volume is in 2019, I’m planning to write something very long before that, so I don’t know how things will actually turn out. Relaxing and waiting helps a lot. The third season of the anime will also come out during that time, so I hope you’ll all enjoy it.


But in truth, I’ve pretty much run out of things to put into the afterword. In the past, when I was a reader and saw the author say he didn’t know what to write, I would think “just write whatever you want”. Now that I’m in the same situation, I can understand what they had to deal with. What would you all write if you were in my position? Honestly… the idea that I don’t need to write these afterwords any more is starting to grow on me!


Now then, I’d like to thank everyone who helped me with this volume. I look forward to working with you in future.


2018 April Maruyama Kugane


Character Sheets









===========
END

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *